span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Monday, March 2, 2009

Dynadot is down.




A while back I thought I'd try my hand at some light domain tasting and took advantage of Dynadot's "free domain tasting" offer if I preloaded my account with at least $500. I was able to grab a couple of light traffic names (which eventually lost all traffic) before the tasting fee was implemented. So now I only use my remaining $300 or so in credit to transfer renew the occasional name.

Well, after putting a new face on RegFee.info I've been actively searching through expired lists and finding interesting names I'd like to register. I tried going to Dynadot yesterday and got the message in the image above. A thread was created at NamePros, and no one has been able to get a hold of customer service. I tried calling and got a rediculous message stating, "if you're receiving this message we're busy with other customers. Please leave a message. [1990's answering machine beeeeeep]."

Please leave a comment if you know what's going on. I'd like to use up all of this credit and be done with this company and their strange* interface.

*ok, not as strange as manage.snapnames.com

Update: Dynadot.com is back up. Some have complained about missing domains, due to Dynadot using an old database backup. Still not explanation from Dynadot.

No comments:

Post a Comment