span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Tool to Find Expired Domains with Traffic and Pagerank

ExpiredDomains is a new tool just released by DNForum member Zabijaq. It claims to "generate lists of high traffic and high pagerank domains that are expired and are available in auctions." As an early adopter of PremiumDrops, one of the best domain list services, I find these tools invaluable when searching for valuable domains. I also use them to help me get to sleep, since I have a hard time shutting my mind off, and looking at long lists seems to hypnotize me!

Here are my thoughts on ExpiredDomains:

Pros:
  • Free
  • Filters out fake Pagerank domains
  • Offers two automated appraisal methods
  • Snapnames tool on the way.

Cons:
  • Colors make it hard to read (light grey letters on white bg)
  • Lists are not sortable
  • Lists required horizontal scrolling to read all stats
  • Poor domain name choice (DropsDomains.com ?)
  • FAQ is kind of all over the place.

Suggestions:
  • Obivously, fix all of the "cons" above.
  • Automated appraisal methods could use a little more explaining.
  • Get rid of the side navbar to allow maximum screen real estate for the lists.
  • Place advertising within the lists.
  • Get a better domain name, or brand yourself as DropsDomains, not "ExpiredDomains"

Good luck with the site, I'll be checking it out in the future to see if it can compete with tools like FreshDrop and PremiumDrops!

No comments:

Post a Comment